September 22, 2009

A journey back in time...

Before I go full force into going natural, I want to take a trip down memory lane to my many hairstyles (braids, kinky twists, relaxed, and sew-in).


Braids - Love them! Wavy and straight styles.


Kinky Twists - Eh. Became annoying after everytime I washed them. My hair would start to unravel from the synthetic hair and I would have to take an hour or two to wound them back up again.

Relaxed - Love it! My first short haircut. I usually had shoulder-length relaxed hair.


Sew-in - Love/Hate situation. I really liked how they looked but my head would begin to get itchy and my hair would break off sometimes. Not a fan of this style.
Although I changed it up a lot, my hair wasn't exactly healthy. With braids, I neglected to get trims before putting in another set of braids. I had split ends galore when it came time to get a relaxer or sew-in weave. My hair grew a lot with a relaxer but since I have a very sensitive and dry scalp (I can make it snow on my shoulders), it burned so badly everytime I put one in--That doesn't seem good for my hair. I think going natural is the best bet for me and my hair. Sorry, Hair for all the pain I put you through.



No comments: