September 27, 2009

Hello. How ya doooin'? I'm doooin' fine.

Right now, I am sitting in my comfy chair in my bedroom with a newly set twist out in my hair. This is my first time doing a twist out so I hope I love it. My very first hairstyle during my transition (minus microbraids and kinky twists) was a straw set. I can't really say anything bad about a straw set, except for that it takes a little while to do, maybe like two to two and an half hours, but it's worth it. The straw set lasts for about five days. Yippy!

Okay. Back to the twist out. Since I already washed my hair a few days ago (I don't wash my hair more than once a week), to begin, I wetted my hair in the sink and put conditioner in. I used V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Moisturizing Conditioner, which only costs 99 cents from Stop&Shop. I left it in for about half an hour. Later, I jumped into the shower to rinse it out and towel-dried my hair. Next, I parted my hair in four sections and applied Cantu Shea Butter ($3.43) to each section. I used several hair ties and clips to keep the hair sectioned properly. I then started with one of the back sections and sectioned it into four mini sections. I twisted each mini (four twists makes up one 1/4 of my head). I did the remaining three sections the same. To make sure the ends of my hair wouls be curled, I put in bendy long foam hair rollers. Also, since my hair is short in the front, I payed special attention to the twists to make sure I had a bang. I sprayed the twist out with Olive Oil Sheen Spray ($4.49) so my hair can be shiny the next morning. I used Tea Tree Oil ($3.37) on certain spots of my scalp that tends to get dry and itchy easily. Waalaa! I'm done for the night.

Before I go to bed, I will wrap my twisted out hair with a silk wrap. My hair will be completely dry in the morning. A picture of the twist out is below. I will post the finished look sometime tomorrow after I get off of work.

Be sure to come back for the result.

No comments: