October 1, 2009

Straw Set

The straw set is a great transitioning style. Having relaxed hair with natural growth is a bummer but this style will cover up the new growth that you don't want to show the world. It's easy to do but may take awhile to do. The results are magnificent and the spiral curls last for about a week. You can do it yourself with cheap supplies. Make a stop at Stop&Shop and you are on your way.


To start, I washed my hair with Coconut Milk Shampoo (The price isn't on my bottle but I don't think it was too expensive) and then used Suave's Tropical Coconut Conditioner ($1.79). I towel dried my hair and then applied Cantu Shea Butter ($3.43) throughout my entire head. You will need to buy straws (I bought Diamond's 100 flexible straws). I cut the bendable section off the straws so I was left with sturdy, plastic rollers. You will also need bobby pins to hold the straws in place in your hair. Look at the pics below:





I hope I didn't scare you with the last pic hehe. Anyway, I still have the straws in my hair right now so I will put pics up tomorrow to show the results. Since I don't have a drier I can sit under, I will let it air-dry for about five hours or until I go to bed. I will use a hand dried for about ten minutes before I take them out to make sure all the curls are dry. After taking the straws out (use the straws for your next straw set!), I will sleep with a satin cap and in the morning I will finger through my hair to make it fluffy and bouncy. Can't wait!


Here are some lovely photos of my new growth so far:





I dunno what "type" my hair is or anything. Maybe you can tell me.




2 comments:

Yeke Azariah said...

soooo pretty :-)
you look just like Solange Knowles
I just had to follow, Love your blog!!!
http://www.undisturbednormality.blogspot.com/..check mine out

Unknown said...

Now you can even get Cantu in India as they are imported by iBhejo and properly delivered to the customers who stay in India.